Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) / Enterprise Application Centre-Bangkok (EAC-BKK)
In 2014 EAC-BKK was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. The staff being located both in New York and Bangkok, EAC-BKK oversees the development and maintenance of enterprise applications such as iNeed Customer Relationship Management system (iNeed), Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Electronic Rations Management System (eRMS) among others.
Core enterprise application solutions have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, JEE Spring Framework, PeopleSoft, SAP and Android/iPhone mobile platforms.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The position is located in Valencia, Spain. This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat and located in the United Nations Enterprise Application Centre- Bangkok (EAC – BKK). The incumbent of this position will be a consultant of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
The incumbent gathers user requirements, prepares relevant documentation, configures SAP Material Management (MM) module, program using ABAP, participate in quality assurance and deployment activities.
With the direction of a senior developer the incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties:
- Drafts functional specifications and implements detailed technical specifications based on the functional requirements; assists in providing integrations with other systems
- Writes and designs programs and reports in SAP ABAP to meet the technical specifications, particularly in Materials Management (MM) and Financial Accounting (FI) modules;
- Works on a portal for the SAP procure-to-pay process;
- Contributes to the project by identifying software gaps, proposing FRICEW items, performing unit testing, integration testing, defect resolution, training support and production support.
- Participates in field deployment and training
- Performs other duties as required
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- In coordination with the team lead and senior developers, the incumbent is to monitor the progress and assure the on-time deliveries of assigned technical artifacts and documents
- The incumbent is expected to exercise flexibility in dynamically changing delivery requirements