Information Services at the Univeristy of Kent have a fantastic opportunity to work with an organisation and department who strive to ensure we are implementing the latest state-of-the-art systems, processes and tools to provide a first class student and staff experience.
As part of the role you will gain highly sought after technical skills and experience within the HE and Technology Sector. The post is within the Student Systems Development Team and will work as part of the well-established and enthusiastic Team as an Assistant Analyst Programmer.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. If you are excited about working with us and have skills we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We are seeking an enthusiastic person to join our diversely skilled team at the University of Kent who is passionate about learning new and exciting technologies. We are particularly interested if you are a problem solver, with strong learning agility, who is looking for a role that offers both technical challenges and working with colleagues to assist in the design of solutions to support student data system processes.
About the role:
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work with leading academic systems and become a subject matter expert in key business areas, as well as benefit from industry training opportunities. The role involves a mix of project based work to develop system functionality, defect management, developing product enhancements and providing support to key student lifecycle systems and stakeholders.
As Assistant Analyst Programmer you will:
- Assist the team in developing, maintaining, and providing support for student lifecycle systems.
- Work with Business Analysts and technical colleagues in the team to understand user requirements for student systems requests to assist in the design of technical solutions to support the student lifecycle.
- Assist colleagues with testing and implementing system enhancements.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software development and implementation lifecycle.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, and technical system configuration.
Although this role is advertised as a full time position, we would also consider part time applications.