Kaggle for breakfast? CUDA as tempting as a Caribbean long drink? Torching data may not really burn it to ashes and a regular cup of Caffe eases your Tensors? Know how to turn a dumb fridge door into a next gen user interface? We need to talk!
Work with us on artificial intelligence in visionary concept vehicles and technology demonstrators. Effective immediately, we are seeking an experienced researcher and/or project manager for our ongoing initiative on proactive conversational systems. The team is working on agents capable of delivering personalized recommendations and drawing from a number of AI technology solutions and tech stacks - from natural language, (self-labelling) crowdsourcing, vehicle interior scene analysis and gesture control, to emotion analysis and cognitive IoT. You will conduct independent research beyond the state-of-the-art, identify technology gaps and actively contribute to closing them through technical concept and prototype implementations, making use of multilateral industrial and academic partnerships.
You will contribute to defining and realizing a strong product development pipeline and be responsible to transfer research results into commercial product innovation. While at it meet energetic start-ups, hold instigating discussions with leading university researchers, draft research plans for the relevant product and feature roadmap, or meet young researchers by hosting workshops and co-organizing events such as the BMW Summer School.
- Turning early research concepts into solid product innovations will require your full dedication and enthusiasm as an engineer, and test your excellent inter-person and technical communication skills, as well as your abilities in agile project management.
- We are expecting a strong track record in research and/or development projects.
- You have successfully built solutions on state-of-the art AI technologies in industrial projects.
- You kept up to date with latest developments in academia and industry on fields relevant to the position.
- You have acquired some prowess already in leading interdisciplinary teams. In particular, experts with a strong background in computer vision, natural language processing, or recommender systems should apply.
- Ideally, you have a proven track record in defining and leading projects in relevant fields and have demonstrably applied a design thinking approach.