We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
We are a broad energy company that is evolving to include more renewables like wind and solar. In order to achieve our ambitions as a sustainable and innovative organization, Equinor has launched a company-wide digital roadmap which will also accelerate value creation from technology. Equinor’s goal is to be a digital leader within our core operations. Digital technologies will improve safety, reduce the carbon footprint from our operations and enable new business models.
The full potential of using technology such as cloud computing and microservice architectures, application of advanced analytical algorithms within machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence and we need your passion and courage to drive this area of the business.
Equinor is going through a digital transformation with new digital services and solutions. Our IT landscape consists of services, applications and data provided on premise and public cloud.
We need application management and architecture capabilities able to cover complex IT solutions and be a driver for continuous improvement.
This ad is part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be looked into and handled on a continuous basis.
We are seeking both experienced and aspiring junior IT professionals who will be a part of agile cross-functional teams, working closely with business innovators.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Work with highly integrated and complex IT solutions
• Dig into complex technical challenges
• Dialog with customers getting the most value out of their IT Solutions and data
• Ensure secure, stable, cost efficient and scalable solutions
• Contribute in shaping future business IT solutions and provide advisory to the business
• Pursue opportunities to improve our processes, architecture and solutions
• Apply agile implementation methodologies and utilize innovation methodologies, e.g. design thinking- develop and shape the future coexistence and integration with other data platforms, such as the Equinor Microsoft Azure cloud platform
Relevant IT experience such as:
• Application architecture
• Managing IT solutions on premise and/or in cloud environment (Azure)
• IT configuration/customizing
• Windows operating systems (server and client)
• IT security
• Databases (Oracle/MS SQL)
• Data integrity
• Experience working in agile teams
An advantage with:
• Experience with Azure or other cloud platforms
• Experience leading development teams
• IT software developer competence preferably both on premise and cloud
• ITIL competence/experience
• Business analytic capabilities
Fluent English skills, written and oral.
• Have a continuous learning and development attitude
• Are curious and enjoy challenges
• Are systematic, analytical and have good problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate good customer and end user awareness, and are comfortable in dialogue with end users
• Enjoy working in teams and share experience (you are a team player)
• Continuously focus on how to simplify and improve solutions and processes
• Deliver results according agreed requirements and have continuous contact with the requirement owner
• Are triggered by working with opportunities rising in the context of Digitalization
• Proactively ensure secure and stable operation according to company policies
Not just a job: a career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well- being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognise that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. We offer opportunities for flexible working.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.