ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Retail Operations, Team Order Management
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: >10
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Rebecca Werner, [email protected]
As an Application Engineer in Team Order Management, you will build the retail order sheet that supports the order appointment of hundreds of buyers with more than 1000+ suppliers. Your system will ensure that 300000+ products are available at the right time and place in our shop.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Meet business needs while maintaining the most important tooling in our area working closely with users
- Own the whole development cycle - from design to implementation and testing and as well maintenance of our products.
- Establish rock-solid operation of systems, meet ambitious SLAs and continuously improve the setup, to ensure that merchandise worth a billion euro a year can be ordered.
- Collaborate with other technology and business teams to ensure that our solutions are well integrated in the larger context of Zalando.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of experience in dedicated VBA projects
- Ability to write well formatted, structured and clean code and comfortably work with Excel, VBA, Git, and SQL
- Enthusiasm for direct and frequent interaction with the users and interest in discovering opportunities collaborating closely with UX, Product and other colleagues
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, 100+ internal guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands, and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising, and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests, and languages our teams choose to use.
At Retail Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our core retail business on the supplier-facing side. We build state-of-the-art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses. To our 2000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our supplier portal, standard EDI and web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users, we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Kotlin and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
For more information about Retail Operations Business Unit, click here.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.