UL is seeking an API Developer to join the iON Compliance team in Dublin, Ireland.
iON Compliance is a big data platform combining data ingest, analytics, machine learning and elements of artificial intelligence within a data lake. iON is now looking to add an API Developer to our team to accelerate the growth of the most innovative UL digital technology investment in its history. Our goal is to enable the UL client base to effectively apply the recent developments in the digital revolution, by giving them the ability to truly leverage their own corpus of data with internal core competences and win in a rapidly evolving digital eco-system.
We are looking for people to join our team in Dublin. We are developing a next generation intelligent platform to deliver insights into customer data and help them identify areas to improve and drive competitive advantage. The solution is hosted on Microsoft Azure and takes advantage of Azure’s PAAS features. As part of this work we are looking for a talented C# developer to join our API team and help develop API-driven solutions. We are looking for someone who understands modern best practice in development, who produces high-quality code, who understands the key role of testing throughout the development process, and wants the chance to challenge themselves in a fast-paced environment to produce leading edge business intelligence products. Secure, reliable, scalable solutions are very important to us as they should be to any candidate.
- Develop flexible, scalable, and secure APIs for the software engineering team using C#, Microsoft Azure, and other relevant technologies
- Develop Azure-hosted services and micro-services
- Consume internal REST APIs developed by other teams
- Write comprehensive unit tests for their code as a minimum
- Be comfortable working in a Scrum-driven DevOps environment
- Produce world-class work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-type work environment where requirements and processes are not always well-defined
- 5+ years with C# and .Net / .Net Core
- 5+ years’ experience working in professional software engineering teams
- In-depth experience of developing APIs
- In-depth experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- In-depth experience of Unit testing practices and frameworks
- Good knowledge of securing APIs and security best practices in development
- Experience in API Testing Frameworks (Rest Assured, Postman, etc.)
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps development environments
- Good problem-solving, analytical & communication skills
- Comfortable working in a start-up type environment
- Experience of Docker and Kubernetes would be advantageous
- Knowledge of automation testing practices would be advantageous
- Knowledge of behavior driven development practices would be advantageous