Stack: AWS, GraphQL, Kotlin
Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world then read carefully because at Choco we are moving mountains to transition the world into sustainable food systems.
The food industry is one of the oldest and largest industries that exists. It’s an industry with essential problems, especially regarding the food supply chain.
We are leveraging technology to bring change and start the necessary transformation the industry is craving for.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and have drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers.
Therefore, we are looking for more Chocorians who share our vision and want to join our journey here in Berlin.
How you will impact
- You will improve our Android clients, test, deploy and benchmark your own code
- You will participate in code reviews
- You will contribute to product discussions
- You will grow with your team to become an even greater engineer
What you will need to have an impact
- Have 1-3 years of working experience within Android development, project(s) with Kotlin
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Developed and published at least one Android app to the PlayStore
- Development experience on the Android platform using Android studio
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK
- Care about writing high-quality code
To be even more impactful it would be a plus to have
- Experience with modern design patterns such as MVP, MVVM, VIPER etc.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with RxJava, Coroutines and Architecture Components
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Familiarity with unit testing.
- Applied knowledge of software engineering best practices and software development methodologies. e.g. Scrum
What it’s like to be a Chocorian
You will join a company filled with smart, humble and hard-working people, with founders who deeply trust their employees and where the employees trust and vice versa.
We’re a startup where people put the team first, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for each and every day.
You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences, contribute in their areas of expertise, and learn from each other.
You will join a passionate team that shares the same values and vision, a circle of friends that not only works hard but also laughs with- and cheers for one another.
With that said, it is absolutely crucial to find people who share this with us and who deeply identify themselves with the values of a Chocorian.
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon.
You will be part of an incredible journey and become a future shuttle pilot or rocket builder yourself.