The role in a nutshell:
Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there! We are in the middle of building a new scalable platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
The Mobile team here at Nutmeg have the ambition to become truly ‘mobile-first’ within the next 12 months, and are looking for a new Android Developer to complement the existing team who have already established the iOS app. At the beginning of 2018, we released our Android app which already has 10000 monthly users so far, a 0.026% session crash rate, and more than 125k monthly sessions. You will be working, and collaborating with the iOS platform to release the best apps that enable our customers to invest with confidence, ease and simplicity. You will be someone who enjoys sharing knowledge, keen to learn new ideas, and recognises good clean app design.
What we’re looking for:
- Must have experience in RxJava and Dagger
- Good knowledge of Kotlin and Java 8, the Android SDK, Android Studio and best engineering practices
- Experience writing tests (unit test, integration test, UI test etc.)
- Experience with Java/Android design patterns (MVP, MVVM)
- Experience with best practices in mobile design (human interface guidelines, threading, bandwidth considerations etc.)
- Good understanding of what it means to work with APIs, and how the moving parts of a mobile application fit together. Good understanding of REST and messaging platforms
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Good communicator who can work well within a delivery team and manage interactions with other parts of the organisation, such as Product and Ops
- Very enthusiastic about user interface and customer experience centric
- Passionate about technology. We want someone who really cares about how we can use it to improve our customers experience of Nutmeg
- Interest in new Android technologies and frameworks
- Team player who is willing to stand up and put forward ideas
- Keen to ensure that we focus on solving the essence of the problem rather than merely dealing with the symptoms
- Curious about new ways of working and open to different approaches and ideas
- A computer science degree or similar
Nice to have:
- Show us your Github/Stack Overflow/app portfolio!
- Experience in the fintech sector
- Active participant in tech meet-ups