Do you live and breathe beautiful, performant Kotlin? Do you want to be part of the team that builds the search engine of the future? Do you want to work with exceptionally bright people in an intellectually stimulating, yet relaxed and fun environment?
We are looking for talented and driven Android engineers to join our team of 40 in the heart of London. At Sphere we are working on the next generation of search engines to unlock the knowledge of humanity!
- You have a deep understanding of building, testing and shipping complex consumer facing apps used by thousands of people
- You can demonstrate excellent Android development skills (Android SDK, Kotlin/Java, reactive programming, dependency injection)
- You have a working knowledge of remote APIs, concurrency, layouts, transitions, animations, client side persistence and architectural patterns on mobile apps
- You apply the highest code quality standards against yourself and others
- You are an avid learner and proactively keep up with cutting edge technology
- You are proactive, you manage yourself, you take ownership and assume full responsibility of your output
- You are thrilled by the idea of working in a high paced startup and take great pride in the impact we have on our users
- Most importantly, you are not just looking for a job; but a company you can call family, and a mission that gives you endless fulfilment
- Proficiency in optimizing the performance of Android apps with complex view hierarchies and state on low end devices and networks
- An understanding of automated testing on Android and its usage in a short feedback cycle environment
- Experience working with continuous integration system
Visa sponsorship available.