Pomelo is leading online fashion company in Emerging Asia. Backed by fashion and technology investors from across the world, Pomelo brings its unique fast fashion style to Emerging Asia through a technology-driven, vertically-integrated design, and production model. Our growth strategy is to merge our online focus of mobile and social with the latest trends and data.
We are looking for a software engineer who wants to become an expert in Android native development. You will work with the founders and the product development team to ship beautiful products that delight millions of users throughout Asia and beyond. We are committed to leveraging technology as a competitive advantage, from customer facing front-end features to backend tools for our team. At Pomelo, each team member is expected to work autonomously, often setting their own objectives and key results.
- Collaborate to create new features and maintain our Android application
- Write clean and reusable code and help refactor existing code to make it more maintainable
- Contribute ideas (technological and product) to enhance the overall app experience
- Create and improve Unit tests and automated UI tests
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience in developing Android native applications
- At least one Android application currently at Google Play Store
- Excellent knowledge of Java language and SQlite
- Good understanding of OOP concepts and programming design patterns
- Highly motivated with an ability to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and testing
- Ability to communicate in English at a high level
- Start-up or ecommerce experience is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science or relevant experience