We are Locarta – a location-based mobile analytics startup in Berlin. We’re collecting a ton of interesting data on where people go in the real world, to look for insights and patterns among different user groups. For example, we can look at people who have seen an ad for IKEA and work out if it makes them more likely to visit an IKEA store. There are a ton of interesting things that can be done with this data and we’re just starting to scratch the surface of them.
For all this, we have a panel of people who have explicitly agreed to share their location with us (anonymously of course), as well as an app and SDK to collect and transmit the relevant data.
What you’ll be doing
Our Android app and an SDK that are core to our business, so quality mobile development is important to us. Your mission is to complete the next iteration of both. That means both implementing new features in the app and tweaking the SDK to work more efficiently and play nicely with the new versions of Android coming down the line.
If you geek out about lat/long and sensor data and get a kick out of writing elegant code that conserves resources, this is the right gig for you. Plus the SDK uses parts of Android that you don’t see in most apps.
You can find our app here.
What we’re looking for from you
- Expert in Android development (2+ years experience)
- You have Android best practices for breakfast
- Fluent in English – but don’t worry, German is NOT required
- Good communicator and proactive, positive attitude
- Enjoys thinking about the big picture and dreaming up new features
- Experience with iOS development a plus
- Experience designing UX a plus
How we work
We’d be happy to put you in contact with our last Android dev so that you can get an idea of what it’s like to work with us, but here’s what I’d say:
- Experienced team (between us we’ve founded a Y Combinator startup, built an ad tech demand-side platform and founded a tech-related hedge fund)
- Good communication
- Collaborative atmosphere (we believe anyone can come up with good ideas)
- Clear processes and planning (scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
- Modern stack and tools (Android Studio, Dagger 2, Retrofit, Git)
- Unit and instrumentation testing
- A sense of humour
- We provide relocation support to Germany
This rocketship is going to Mars, claim your seat!