We envision to be the most impactful, trustworthy and effective builder of digital products. This might seem a little excessive, but founded by 3 engineers by heart our goal was always to advance the state-of-the-art of building digital products.
In our Viennese office you will work alongside the team in Vienna and Zagreb (we see this as 1 team) on projects for leading international clients.
You will grow as a developer and tech leader within the company through your work and collaboration with our CTO, PM and developers on mostly Kotlin based native Android projects.
- Have a lot of autonomy and influence on the technical direction of the company and shape our development culture and best practices.
- Develop and maintain native Kotlin/Java Android applications.
- Develop Kotlin based backend services/APIs (optional).
- Develop reusable libraries that may be open sourced (for which you will be credited as the author).
- Participate in all project phases, from requirements analysis through implementation to customer support regarding technical issues.
- Ensure you and your colleagues ship clean code and follow good development practices.
Your preferred characteristics, values and traits
- Choosing to work for a common goal over individual ones
- Courage to point out to superiors when they make mistakes (hint: they do, more often than they'd like)
- Making mistakes and learning from them in order to grow
- Ability to have productive arguments with colleagues to give and receive valuable feedback.
- A love for being challenged, and an understanding that this is one of the best ways to grow.
- Appreciation that sometimes a technically inferior solution is the overall better decision (e.g. due to economics or time-to-market). This should be hard for you to accept, but you should be able to do this on occasion.
Minimal level of education
- Not important (our CTO dropped out of university to co-found 9yards)
- A welcoming and positive work environment with an international team
- Exciting and challenging projects that will give you the chance to grow within a young and upcoming company, based in the heart of Vienna
- Flat hierarchy and short communication channels
- Company subsidised lunch and refreshments, fruits, nuts and snacks are on us
- Very remote friendly environment (team members often work from home)
- Flexible working hours (we recognise that 9-5 may not be your most productive time)
- Dog friendly office
The minimum salary is EUR 2.215, - gross / month on a full-time basis (based on the Austrian collective agreement). Your actual salary will be determined according to your qualifications and relevant experience.
We look forward to your application including references!