Play Sports Network - the technology company behind Global Cycle Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network - is hiring Android Developers, joining at any level.
We're releasing exciting new apps this summer - social media for cyclists - anticipated to be adopted by millions of people who love to follow and enjoy cycling globally.
We offer progression for a practiced Android Developer on our newly formed apps team, delivering engaging experiences and utilising our new capabilities in data. We can build upon your interests around the architectural aspects of Android, the user-facing elements - or both - as you wish.
** We can equally consider supporting your learning to become an Android Developer, building upon your personal Android projects or your hybrid app development skills - just drop us a line **
Optionally you may also help us around technology exploration, tooling, app architecture, coding standards, mentoring, and integration with our wider stack - just let us know what new skills you wish to grow.
You'll get to use the most modern practices and the latest components from Google. You'll be given time to do the right thing, in the right way, supported within the right culture. We'll encourage you to take regular learning days, and you can attend or talk at conferences and meetups, and to contribute relevant upstream to projects, if you wish.
We're always open to new things and you can influence where we go and how we get there. At all times you'll have a voice and a lot of freedom in design, technology choice and influence over the roadmaps.
Example early features to help deliver
- Live feeds of sports event data and content
- Chat groups
- Content for premium subscribers
- Recommendation engine driven experiences
- Informative and knowledgeable chat bots
- Intuitive display of rich data
- Localisation, supporting six languages on launch and more to be added quickly
- < your community-driven content idea here >
For a Senior role, we're seeking (a subset of this for Junior and Mid levels)
- Someone with solid skills building well-implemented native Android apps
- Up to date with Kotlin, Android SDK, the latest frameworks and APIs
- Strong familiarity with libraries such as Dagger, Retrofit and Gson
- Strong familiarity with Android Studio and/or Gradle
- Good understanding of unit and automated testing
- Able to help define RESTful web service APIs
- Someone considering Android Developer jobs in Bath - or commutable from Bristol - such as: Android Developer | Android Software Engineer | Kotlin Developer | Native App Developer | Mobile App Developer etc.
You may optionally bring - or like to gain - skills exploring any of
- Google Firebase
- Augmented reality
- Machine learning
- iOS app development
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Kotlin | Android Architecture Components e.g. Room and LiveData | MVVM architecture | RxJava | Firebase | Agile | Google Cloud Platform | AndroidX | JUnit | testing frameworks | CI/CD | Jira | Slack
Salary and benefits
- £45,000 - £65,000+ joining salary - for Seniors - we're keeping an open mind
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Ongoing professional development e.g. time out for conferences, support for training/certifications
- Flexible working practices - including partially remote working - tell us what you need | recently refurbished city centre office | MacBook Pro and dual monitors | generous holidays | company pension scheme | good coffee machine | bike parking | really good showers | free fruit and jelly sweets | relaxed office environment