The multi award winning Total War team are looking for an experience AI Programmer to join them.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with our existing Battle AI team creating compelling, challenging, and most of all fun to play AI for the real-time battle component of future Total War titles. This is a rare chance to work on one of the biggest AI challenges in computer games, with a real-time restriction and the need to control tens of agents action together strategically and tactically.
Working as part of the Battle AI team, you will develop, improve and support the Total War battle AI. This means you will be working with the design team to analyse requirements, suggesting solutions and ultimately developing the required code. This can be anything from small changes to entire new systems. Since our fans spend a lot of time playing against AI, working on the battle AI offers a real opportunity to shape the player experience.
We have regular meetups with the wider AI team at Creative Assembly to discuss our work and there are opportunities to attend and talk at industry conferences.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in a in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- Good object oriented design skills
- High level of analytical and mathematical ability
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists and production staff
- Excellent academic background
- Experience as an AI Programmer
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Keen player of games, ideally including Total War